Wednesday, November 9, 2011

No news= good news :)

Today's appointment was relatively uneventful in the world of high risk pregnancy :) The baby looked great, his heart rate is around 150 bpm (which is up from last weeks 130), and they estimate he weighs around 1 lb. 4 oz., which is really good for his gestational age.  My blood pressure dropped back to it's normal range 101/55 so all the rest has paid off. My cervix is considered "stable" meaning following the surgery there has been no major changes, which is what we were hoping for. 


Mike and I both took a little exhale following the ultrasounds. I had an appt. with the doctor following and she really spelled out for both of us what I should and should not be doing. She stressed the importance of the next 4 weeks, what I need to be looking for and urged us to call for any reason, nothing should be ignored. At this point we are doing all the proactive interventions, now we need to be reactive. Their goal is to act and hopefully stop my body if I go into pre-term labor. Overall, we left feeling good and optimistic for the weeks to come.


Before the appointment, I got to indulge in a little trip to a coffee shop and I had my seasonal favorite, hot cider with caramel. I hope that little treat and public interaction will last me until next week. I go back again on Wednesday.


Haley is enjoying the warm weather at Daycare!

No comments:

Post a Comment