Saturday, November 5, 2011

Now we wait...

As Mike and I drove out of Strong hospital yesterday we commented on how long it's been since we pulled an "8 hour shift" there and how we pray we don't have to do it again. 


My procedure went as expected. The part I was nervous about, the spinal, was surprisingly easy and in my opinion pretty painless. For me, the worst part was hearing them talk during the surgery. I was basically tilted upside down on the table so I couldn't see anyone. I value Strong as a teaching hospital, as an educator I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't, but knowing they have needles 2 cm from my babies head didn't make me comfortable when I heard the attending say to a resident, "Well I wouldn't do it like that.".


Regardless after 45 min. I was in recovery, which in my opinion was the worst part. I am a fidgety person and not being able to move my legs was a sensation I did not enjoy. After about 4 hours of waiting we were able to leave and we were home just in time to greet Haley from daycare. Our amazing neighbors had picked her up and made us yummy minestrone soup and salad for dinner. Mike, Haley and I all fell asleep by 8 pm.


I go back to our docs on Weds. so we will assess everything via ultrasound, hopefully with the restricted activity will find no changes and everything will continue as planned...


Thanks for all the emails, prayers and positive thoughts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment