Thursday, November 17, 2011

World Prematurity Awareness Day!

I was looking back into the thousands of photos we have of Haley searching to find one of her to post today, from our NICU stay, when I realized that Mike had uploaded them to our external drive. It seems as though we have put that behind us and it's probably better I didn't take a walk down memory lane. However, I do want to recognize today, World Prematurity Awareness Day and the families who have had the experience of pre-term delivery. I can say that it changed me forever and I admire all of those who work with these tiny warriors. 

We are all doing fine, trying to stay busy. At my weekly appointment yesterday, things continue to look stable, no changes, which for me just means "continue what you are doing". I am 24 weeks today, which is gestational milestone in the sense it means the baby is viable and survival rates go up from this point on. Yesterday Mike said, "I feel really good about this. He's going to keep in there and now I just have to keep you from going crazy until then". In the end, each positive appointment just affirms and keeps me/us going and we are so thankful.

Continued thanks for those who send treats and well wishes, especially friends at Northside: Jenn, Cassie, Paula, Irene and Sharon, who graciously thought of us this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment